Monday, April 03, 2006

Before the beginning - The Tree



Before I was born, my grandma popo presented my parents with this funny looking 2 footer tree, also known as the 'Money Tree'.
According to my grandpa yehyeh, this particular tree seems to have originated from a hot and harsh weather region, maybe Middle Eastern or Sahara African, simply by the look of its rough and thick bark that helps to retain water.
The tree has beautiful bushy jade green coin-shaped leaves, and reportedly rarely (never?) bears fruit - fruit bearing is akin to rafflesia blooming.
Somewhere early 2005, the tree started to bear a single pinkish fruit! The sign, the omen - that my mama has conceived and I was born soon. A pink fruit represents a baby girl, a blue fruit would represent a baby boy, and any other colour would be disastrous, so claimed my mama. *Note : The tree has never bore any more fruit till now.


My name Lee Zhao Qi ( chinese characters 李 兆 琦 ) means : surname Lee (Lee) / omen (Zhao) / a rare kind of jade (Qi). Collectively it also means 'all beautiful things/signs of nature', befitting much of my parents love for outdoor and nature.

Do you believe in signs?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello qiqi, this is your uncle from Houston :)
Hope you are growing up well in the lovely family...your cousin (no name yet) will be joining you in late August!

04 April, 2006 19:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Houston! In glimpses, baby cousin will be born. So, start getting those bargain toys in pair and send one to me. :->

11 April, 2006 09:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home